Sunday, October 29, 2006

Tin Roof Rusted...

So two of my best friends came into town this weekend from ATL because one of their cousins flew in from Ireland... Nora was her name... They were going Honky tonkin... I guess growing up in Nashville I am desensitized from all the country music hype/crap... Blah Blah Blah... But I can see coming over from Ireland and wanting to see downtown and all that jazz...

So we are supposed to meet them at a Mexican restaurant in East Nashville... Rose Pepper. I don't know why everyone likes that place so much... The food is bland and the servers are blaze and the Hodge Podge decor... Don't get me started on the decor...

W e get there and My best friend (Anthony) and I order two Vodka and Cranberries... SEVEN FUCKIN dollars for well vodka... I'm sorry you are a Mexican restaurant in EAST Nashville. You have no business charging 7.00 for a cape cod. So the girls show up and the we start to have a little bit of fun... Keep in mind our straight asshole waiter keeps walking away from us while we are in mid sentence.

We leave Rosepepper and are on our way to the beer cellar. Apparently no one bothered to realize that it is downtown Nashville on Halloween weekend... Needless to say we got stuck in traffic. The girls decided to go to the Flying Saucer instead. I've never been to the flying Saucer and I know it is a beer place but if you have Liquor you should at least I don't now... Have some fucking Mixers?!? They didn't have cranberry juice so I had to get a Miller light... I have tried and tried and I just can't get into the beer scene... I don't like it and I don't think I ever will... I try it's just too damn bitter... So if I have to drink beer, I'll drink the weak shit... Britt's sister Amy is on her way with Nora the cousin from Ireland... They get there and Nora has forgotten her passport. Ok so I know they don't card over there but come on... You are in a foreign country, wouldn't you want to have some sort of I.D. on you??? So now after paying a cover at Flying Saucer and staying 5 minutes we are now on our way to The Tin Roof... Now before last night, I almost stepped foot in the Tin Roof once and didn't make it... The testosterone level in that bar is insane... It's like a seedy lesbian bar but for straight people... Bar fights in this corner... Breeders making out in this corner... Way too loud Gretchen Wilson Kareoke on the back patio. Girl... I can't believe Anthony and I survived... Anthony spit on some guys dick in the bathroom... The guy walked into the stall, pulled out his dick and started peeing with Anthony. I am SO glad it wasn't me. I would have dotted the guys eye... Is it really socially acceptable for straight men to do that in straight bars? That is fucking disgusting... Needless to say we left immediately after that to avoid a bar fight.

We left the straight bar and headed over to Tribe. Anthony's ex wanted him there... Why I have no idea.... All the guy does is stand there and get pissed at Anthony any time he looks at someone and just completely ignores me... Worthless needy ass... Shew... I didn't last log there... I told Anthony we needed to either go to Play and dance or go home... I couldn't stomach Anthony's ex anymore... So we went next door and hooked up with friends and danced for an hour or so... Ant's ex called him at one point... He was on the side of the building drunk out of his head and needed Ant to come help him... (Insert eye roll here). Whatever Mary...

Overall it was a decent night. I got to see Jenn and Britt so it wasn't a total loss.

Topher

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home