Monday, December 29, 2008

Lets do the Time Warp again...

Wow! So much has happened since my last post that I don't know where to begin.

I almost deleted this blog but kept it open just in case I ever felt like posting again. It has been 15 months since my last post and so much has changed that I am just going to start with the big stuff and fill in what I can. What prompted me to post was my birthday. I went to visit Tony in Chicago and we were trying to remember past visits and were forgetting things. I thought to myself that I need to start getting this stuff down or it will just be lost forever. Sometimes I want more than just a photo to remember experiences.

I moved to New Orleans on August 3, 2008. You know I have tried to move to Chicago for so long that I never even considered anywhere else. But Melissa and I reconnected and I came down here quite a few times over the last year or so and I started opening up to the possibility of moving to New Orleans. I thought well hell if something bad happens every single time I try to move to Chicago, them maybe I shouldn't move to Chicago right now. So anyway... Melissa offered to help me move (Gotta love a lesbian and her truck) and I found a great job so away I went... And now I couldn't be happier about my choice. I LOVE this city!!! I love the people, the food, the cheap booze, etc... and even though I don't drink Daiquiris, I love the fact that there are drive thru Daiquiris shops all over town! Seriously!

I moved to New Orleans as a stepping stone... A way to get to Chicago... Stay here a few years and get experience in my career then move to Chicago, but now I don't know if I feel that way any more. Of course only time will tell but for now, I am perfectly happy here in the Big Easy where they have a neutral ground in stead of a median in the middle of the road; where it is perfectly legal and required to make U-Turns and where they make groceries instead of get them.

Cheers!
Topher

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home